Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Walk for LIFE

This Saturday I am taking a walk! I'm walking a walk that will forever change my life, a walk that I have longed to walk since I was a little girl when I found out my great grandmother died from Surface Epithelium Ovarian Cancer. She struggled with years of pain but when the doctors found the cause of the pain it was too late.
Ever since that day I have longed to work with the American Cancer Society and walk beside many men and women through there journey to uplift and encourage.
Just this past week or so my friend Scarlett Lillian discovered her father has lung cancer and 6 months to a year to live. My heart broke for her and her family, but then I began to rejoice because this is a way of Satan trying to get the Victory but what he doesn't know is that he has already lost this battle. The Lord has the Victory!!!! I couldn't help but to have tears of joy when I began to read Johnny's blog...Johnny is staying strong, and keeping his eyes focused on the Lord. Scarlett's family has battled cancer many of times, her mother's battle of breast Cancer, Scarlett's own scare of breast cancer, and now her father's battle of lung cancer.
So, I'm not only walking this walk for my great grandmother but for many who are unable to walk beside me in this walk for LIFE!

Those of you who read my blog please be sure to lift Johnny and his family up in your prayer's...Thank you!

Blessing's

1 comment:

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Oh my gosh, you are amazing to think of my dad! I know I'm seeing this a little late, but thank you for walking in my dad's honor in addition to your grandmother! You are the best sweet Jona!