Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crown of Jewels

I'm a Princess!

I'm not only a Princess, I'm a Princess becoming a Queen.
I got to thinking the other day about something my mom would tell me and my little sister growing up when ever we did something good, "Jesus is in heaven looking down rejoicing over you, you just got a jewel on your crown in heaven!"

I have a righteous crown in heaven, this crown I await for is a FREE gift! This crown I await for isn't for sale. It's not sitting somewhere in my closet. And it definitely has nothing to do with my own achievements in life.
The crown I await for is a FREE gift from God... given unexpected, and out of love. This crown will only fit a certain kind of Princess- one who is a daughter of Jesus Christ, the King of Kings.

Your probably asking yourself "How can I say I'm a Princess, a daughter of Jesus Christ?" It's because "to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God!" (John 1:12-13)

I may not live in a castle, I may not dress like royalty in gowns of the finest cloth, or go to big fancy events, but I am still a Princess! Second Timothy 4:8 says, "Now there is in store for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

For years I have been seeking to find the meaning of "Your a princess becoming a Queen!" which was a word a good friend of mine gave me. I will probably seek the meaning of it until the day I come before the Lord and he places that crown on my head. But until that day I will be content to know that I AM the heir to a crown that is ment for me, and when I see the King, I'll bow before him and lay my crown at his feet.

No comments: