Friday, August 7, 2009

Elijah's Journey

It all started Monday morning, I woke up not feeling normal. I ate breakfast and then began to feel really sick so I went into the bathroom because I felt as if I was going to throw up. I sat there threw up and had the runs at the same time, then I felt a gush I didn't know if it was my water or me just peeing. I called my mom and didn't know what to do, I didn't want to go to the hospital because I had an appointment in about an hour and didn't want to miss it in case the doctor had something important to say. So, I just waited, Jason got home from helping our roommate and the doctors office calls and says the doctor wants me to come in right away (I didn't even call them to tell them what I was feeling or going through). I told them they called at a good time and told them what I was feeling, they wanted me to go to the hospital but I didn't want to miss my appointment. So we went to the doctors and they put me on the NST machince right away. I was contracting every 2 mins and pretty good contractions, I kept telling them it felt like I was having a anxiety attack and they kept telling me "No, honey those are contractions". They then put me in a room to check my cervix and everything. NO CHANGE!!!! But I was IN LABOR! My doctor was excited and kept saying "You're in labor!" he then told me he was sending me to the hospital to get checked and have this baby. I call my mom and everyone else in the family and Jason and I head to the hospital where my mom is waiting for us. We get checked in and still having pretty good contractions but still wasn't changing, so they come in around 3pm and tell me that they are going to start inducing me that night at 7pm. They let us go home and get last minute things done, so we go to applebees to eat and then go home to rest a bit. 6:30pm we head back to the hospital and of course my mom and Jason stop to get icecream at L&L to eat at the hospital (I sadly could not have any) :( So they ate it in front of me. They hook me up to machines and they tell me they can't start inducing with cervidil because I'm contracting too close and too long. So, all night I contract on my own and in the morning around 6am they come in and check me, I was dialated to 3 and my cervix was about 30-50% and I was still -3 station. They tell me they are going to start me on pitocin at 7am. So, they hook me up to pitocin and then send the Epidural guy in to talk to me about it, I said that I didn't want one but if I end up not being able to take the pain I might change my mind. About an hour after the pitocin they broke my water and I started to contract REALLY bad! It hurt so bad I kept holding my breath and was having REALLY bad back labor. The nurses, Jason, and my mom kept encouraging me and telling me I was doing a wonderful job. The nurses were VERY impressed at how well I was dealing with the pitocin. My nurse told me about a pain medication called Newbane, she said it would make me feel like I was a little drunk, I was scared to take it because I didn't want to get sick and I didn't want it to affect Elijah. But the pain kept getting worse and worse so I asked for the newbane. They check me and I'm about 4 1/2 50% effaced and still -3 station and that was around 11am, they said the medication would only last for about an hour. That whole hour I was OUT OF IT! I still felt pain but I couldn't open my eyes and I couldn't really understand what was going on around me. THEN the meds started to wear off, and I was thinking of an epidural because I still had about 20 mins until I could get my next newbane shot, but I couldn't wait, I was in SO much pain. My nurses tell me I need to get up and go the bathroom, I get into the bathroom and start screaming "I HAVE TO PUSH!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT I HAVE TO PUSH NOWWW!!!!!" Jason, my mom, and the nurses kept saying no just breath, they help me to the bed and I kept telling them I needed to push. NO ONE believed me, the doctor checks me and I went from 4 1/2 cm to FULLY dialated and 100% effaced, he was RIGHT there ready to come out!!! I knew it!!! They barely had enough time to get the doctor, I started to push and pushed for 20 mins and there he was on my chest crying. It was the most AMAZING thing!!!! Everyone was crying. I only needed ONE stich! He re-broke my tailbone on his way out and I pulled a muscle in my chest and throat, and broke a blood vessel in my right eye. But other then that it was GREAT! I couldn't have prayed for a better delievery! I was VERY shocked and VERY proud of myself for not giving into the epidural. Elijah Hezekiah Crosariol was born at 1:23pm Tuesday afternoon weighing 10lbs 4.4 oz and was 22 1/2 inches long. He's doing WONDERFUL!!! He is a great eater and is very alert. He loves his daddy VERY much, if he's crying and he hears daddy's voice he stops crying. Jason and I want to thank you all for your love, prayers, and support during this journey of bringing our healthy beautiful baby boy into this world!

Holding my boy, what an amazing feeling it is to be be a momma!

Daddy holding his little boy!!! The two loves of my life!

No comments: